Gift Ideas for Families
Buying Christmas gifts for families, friends, or groups can be easier (and less expensive) than buying for individuals. There are many stores and gift shops with a wide range of items that will suit just about anyone this holiday season.
You may already know of something the family needs. Maybe they need a new fireplace screen, or a toaster. The best gifts are ones that you know are right for them. If you're not sure, here are some ideas sure to please your friends and family:
Gifts for Everyone
- Board games - something everyone can enjoy.
- Decorations for the house or lawn.
- Candles and potpourri to add to the holiday atmosphere.
- Concert tickets
- Flowers - pleasing the the eyes and nose.
- Fruit baskets - always popular and provide nutritional value.
- Game system
- Gardening tools
- Gift certificates for food or services.
- Gourmet jellies and jams
- Holiday dishes, glasses or serving tray
- Home-baked cookies and treats - economical and filled with love.
- Homemade gifts - add a personal touch such as a monogram or family crest.
- Ice bucket
- Kitchen appliance such as a popcorn popper or toaster.
- Meat & cheese - purchase a tray or make your own to save money.
- Magazine or newspaper subscription
- Old-fashioned ice cream maker
- Poinsettia plant
- Services - offer services you specialize in such as mowing, snow removal, manicures or haircuts.
- Table centerpiece
- Tickets to an event
- Wine & spirits - just make sure nobody is a minor or "on the wagon."
- Wine or champagne glasses